Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket

Sunday, 19 April 2009

Audience Killer Loop

Good evening reader!

Just finished drawing one more page for Studio Art. Pretty cool looking page too, in my opinion. Also just finished watching Nicholas Cage's new movie, Knowing. Review it after this.

art.jpg picture by kurayami_angel

So what did I do today? Well, I started off the day really early...like at 9. Reason being is because I wanted to finish off some of my homework. Finally finished my Vis Comm and am quite happy with that. So when I was done with the VCD work, I just watched a few wrestling clips on YouTube as well as listening to Brian Aubert, lead singer of Silversun Pickups perform an acoustic solo cover of Joy Division's Shadowplay. Great cover. Video is below.(Y)



Went to Kevin's house to print off my Copenhagen literature passages and just bummed at his place for a while before heading back up. I took a few Big Bang songs from him that I didn't have and also took Slumdog Millionaire from him. Probably watch that tomorrow. :)

I said last week I developed a bit of a man-crush on Hugh Jackman but now I think I've also developed one for Gerard Way, lead singer of My Chemical Romance. Reason being is cause the guy's an effing rockstar, is a great artist and wrote his own effing comic! Inspiration much? I recently just found out that he collaborated with Japanese music artist, Kyosuke Himuro, for the end credit song to Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children Complete. It's quite new actually, and the song, Safe and Sound (possibly a reference to Way's Umbrella Academy comic), is quite catchy. Hear it for yourself below.



There should be a proper music video for it because I've seen the preview for it but I dunno when it's being released.

Nothing much else to report on. I'll get to the Knowing review in a moment.

Hieuyy signing off.

1 comment:

  1. I saw one of Gerard Way's pieces in NME a long time ago and I was pleasantly surprised! The rest of the band weren't too bad at art either (O_O).

    Also thank you for going all the way to MySpace to listen to my profile song... Gahhh, I'm putting them on repeat on iTunes and I'm not usually one to put artists or songs on repeat.

    Hurrah for Slumdog Millionaire :D

    ReplyDelete