Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket

Wednesday, 22 April 2009

Stuck In The Middle With You

I didn't have school today. That is to say I didn't actually go to school but had a Vis Comm excursion for Top Design, a gallery of the best folios from 2008. I met up with Dunstan downstairs my flat at about 8:30 in the morning and we arrived at Melbourne Museum at about 9.

Between 9 - 10, I think we just waited for a while for the people at the Museum to set up and waited for other people from other schools to arrive. We were then led to a room for an hour long presentation on what it takes to have a great folio as well as had an inside look at how the industry of graphics design works in the real world. The latter part of the talk was really long-winded and incredibly boring. I couldn't help but fall asleep (I almost did a couple of times cause the speech was that boring). At one point, the man talked about a project he's doing for paintball and showed a clip of extreme paintball and everyone was up and lively again, haha.

From 11, we were led to the actual gallery itself and browsed for maybe a good 40 minutes. The works were great of course but (and this is for anyone that is going to Top Design), I think the best three works there, were probably one of the dresses (I think it was a black dress); the series of photographs depicting several fear/phobias (although this was for Media, I was kinda mad at this person because they'd done a fear-based folio...I'm doing the same thing right now for Studio Art!); and a magazine projection of high heels (I like this mostly because I'm doing the same thing, except for spring racing hats...and she did a much better job than what I'm doing now).

I'm disappointed that our school hasn't thoroughly gone through what we should be doing. I plan on going back to the exhibit some time in the near future. Anyone else wanna join?


At about 12, we were dismissed from the Museum and headed to the city. Myself, Dunstan, Nagoogen, Fish, Michael and Wen Jin had lunch at Dumplings Plus. Starting next week, we will go to a different restaurant every week. I think so far we've come up with Steak at Lygon Street next week, Mexican food the week after and maybe something Asian (most likely Korean) the week after that. Sounds like fun. We ordered the usual at Dumplings Plus. :D

dumpling2.jpg picture by kurayami_angel
I love when the Pan-fried ones are burnt like this. :D

After Dumpling Plus we went to Yellowhouse for maybe 10 minutes and then went home. Got to Bridge Road and bought a few groceries from Coles (had Dunstan and Nagoogen helping me, haha). At about 4, I had a nap. That lasted for an hour. Now, here I am blogging. D:

Hieuyy signing off.


P.S. NOT HAPPY THAT A 4-PACK OF RED BULL IS NOW 8.00! LAST WEEK IT WAS 7.50 AND WEEKS BEFORE THAT IT WAS STILL 7.50! AS IF RAISE THE PRICE BY ANOTHER 50 CENTS! :@

1 comment:

  1. Okay so I did that counter thing but it didn't work so I ceebs...

    More like I couldn't make it work, but whatever.

    ceebs anyway... Probably better that I didn't know because I get annoyed when I don't get many views, haha.

    Also, I'm going to Top Designs tomorrow too :), but I still have all my periods at school! Wtf at you going home early! I'll keep my eye out for those pieces you mentioned

    ReplyDelete