Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket

Friday, 15 May 2009

Norwegian Wood?

http://reelsuave.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/norwegian_wood.jpg

Well all of a sudden I feel like picking up an actual novel and sitting down to read it, as opposed to throwing it in my locker and leaving it there for dust to collect.
That or look for an alternative to reading (comics anyone?).

Well, there's this novel that's being adapted into a movie soon by Vietnamese film-maker Tran Anh Hung called "Norwegian Wood." It's originally a Japanese novel and the movie will have a Japanese cast of course. The lead roleof Toru goes to Kenichi Matsuyama (best known as L in Death Note) and the role of the female lead, Naoto goes to Rinko Kikuchi (The Brothers Bloom, Babel).

The book is basically about Toru's love life in his younger days and a lot of other things. Vague description, I know. Wiki it or something if you wanna find out more.

You might be asking yourself, "Who the hell is Tran Anh Hung?" Well, I don't know either. All I know is that he's apparently one of the few good Vietnamese directors and that his project, I Come With The Rain, has caught my attention ever since last year. Unfortunately, it's been about a full year or more since the 6 minute trailer to the aforementioned movie was released and still no actual release date. I hear that Japan's getting a release for I Come With The Rain in June or July. I hope it reaches here cause it looks great. Trailer for that is below (by the way, I love international casts; this one looks nice).



Anyways, just like with Watchmen, this future movie probably might make me wanna pick up a novel and read. Not saying it's a great book cause I don't know myself if it is or not, just saying that I'm curious. :O

2 comments:

  1. Hendrik Lesmana15 May 2009 at 22:13

    wow, they're really gonna make a movie out of Norwegian Wood? I've read that ages ago and now that they're gonna make a movie, i kinda look forward to it. it's a really good novel actually, try reading it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. RE:
    Yeah it's my second Bloc Part T-shirt, I bought it when I first saw them live ♥__♥, but the one I really wanted was sold out by the time I got in :(.

    I'm on the Norwegian Wood wikipedia page as we speak and I think I'll read it too,

    ReplyDelete