Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket

Saturday, 27 June 2009

Year One; Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen Mini Reviews

Okay I cannot be bothered writing two full length reviews today so here's just a summary of what I thought on both of these inadequate movies.

http://www.impawards.com/2009/posters/year_one.jpg

PLOT: Set in Biblical times, two cave guys are banished from their tribe and go on a voyage to explore and learn more about their world.
____________________________________________

Basically, Year One plays out like a series of sketches stuck together but don't cohesively work well. There's really no assemblance of a plot whatsoever and the humour was too forced and didn't work that well with me. The only times I really laughed were at the awkward quirks of Michael Cera. Yes, I realise he plays THE SAME GUY he does in every movie he's been in, but it works to his advantage, in my opinion. It also doesn't help that much of the footage that was released in trailers and such were practically all the funny parts of the movie. Michael Cera and Jack Black are in Biblical times! DE DERPY DERP DE DER! (I told this joke yesterday and no one got it...I fail)

Year One gets a 1/5.



http://entertainmentbug.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/transformers_revenge_of_the_fallen_poster3a.jpg

PLOT: Decepticon forces return to Earth on a mission to take Sam Witwicky prisoner, after the young hero learns the truth about the ancient origins of the Transformers. Joining the mission to protect humankind is Optimus Prime, who forms an alliance with international armies for a second epic battle. (IMDB)
__________________________________

I wanted to like this movie and I did, but only for the action. The visual effects and over the top Michael Bay frentic action style that he is so infamouly attached to are pumped up with steroids this time around. Visually it's orgasmic to the eye (if that even makes sense). However, not only did they pump up the action since the first movie, they also pumped up all that was faulty with the first one. And it's really not a movie for kids, I mean you've got racist robots (though I wasn't offended by them), a mother with drugs and swearing...lots of cussing! The plot dragged on too much and there were A LOT OF SCENES that could've been cut. The whole time they were in Egypt was like a contiuing climax, they didn't have an actual climax. Oh and did I mention that that there were a lot of plotholes and mistakes in the movie? I didn't realise this morning but how is it that two of the construction Decepticons are fighting the Autbots and the NEST team but at the same time, they're both a part of Devestator whose climbing the bloody pyramid?!?! In my opinion, the first one was better and by the end of this movie, it pretty much went back to how it ended in the first one (the only difference being that Megatron is alive again). Geez, if ya think about it, all that transpired in the second movie was pointless cause all they did was revive Megatron and everything went back to normal. I was very disappointed. ==

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen gets a 2/5 .

2 comments:

  1. I have yet to see the movie, but most people I hear from are like

    "OMGSH IT WAS THE BEST!"

    I don't think they pay attention to the plot though, rather just watch the orgasmic special effects haha.

    Still have to check it out though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I saw heaps of costume design errors but generally, I liked it because I'm not a professional reviewer like you Hieuy ;D

    ReplyDelete