Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket

Monday, 27 July 2009

Blue Magic

No homework tonight! :D

Okay that's a lie, I actually do have homework but it's the kind that doesn't necessarily require me to actually "do it". It's not a priority, put it at that. ;D

School was pretty good today. Myself and Dunstan wasted our Vis Comm lesson today and drew caricatures of ourselves and some of the people in our school. The best one was the drawing of Hendrick - it made me laugh for a good while. I don't have a photo of it unfortunately. Also started on my Studio Arts canvas/final piece. Acrllyic paint FTW. ;D

Another thing that made me laugh for a good while was this oversized novelty eraser that Masa is holding below.

reallybigmistakes.jpg picture by kurayami_angel
D:

Masa and I had some Maccas after school and had one of the geekiest talks ever. I love having geek talks. We were talking about video games and video game parodies on YouTube. For anyone who is currenrtly procrastinating and bored, CLICK HERE to engorge yourself in gaming awesomeness. The videoes there are absolutely hilarious and are made of win. Of course, you'd have to have some sort of gaming knowledge to know what some of these videos are tryna do so it's not recommended for everyone. (Y)

Three albums that I have acquired in the past week:

http://www.toysnjoys.com/music/princessmononoke.jpg
Princess Mononoke - Official Score Soundtrack

Effing beautiful score. 'Nuff said.


http://www.planeturban.com.au/files/review_images/Jay-Z%20-%20American%20Gangster_1.jpg
Jay-Z - American Gangster


Pretty good listen, I'm actually listening to it right now. Good stuff.


http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_yz43BpZ9p2w/SjO58hrEk-I/AAAAAAAAA48/TsFx4zjzKns/s400/gazette-dim-regular-edition.jpg
the GazettE - DIM

Not as good as their previous albums (I mean Christ, they released half their album in the past two years already). I hear hints of Dir en grey in there though. :P


simsfire.jpg picture by kurayami_angel

Everytime I listen to Arcade Fire, I just think of The Sims. Their music is great but it also sounds like something I'd hear in The Sims. And when I think of The Sims, I really...REALLY want to play the new one. I want to live vicariously through the life of a digital alter ego! :O

Finally, I was originally planning to catch Public Enemies this week but plans have changed! Walked past a poster near Chinatown this afternoon promoting a new Hong Kong movie called Overheard.

http://www.moviexclusive.com/review/overheard/poster.jpg

The team behind the Infernal Affairs Trilogy are behind this movie so that automatically begs a viewing from me. Can't wait. I love watching Hong Kong movies on the big screen cause it's such a different expierence to what I'm sure most of my readers would be used to. Movies from Asia definitely need more screens in Australia. Unfortunately, we're only a small minority so that probably won't happen to often. Loved watching Shinjuku Incident in the cinemas so Overheard should be a treat. ;D

End post.

2 comments:

  1. Hendrik Lesmana27 July 2009 at 21:16

    huh? a drawing of me..? hahaha. I gotta see this one tomorrow.. ><

    ReplyDelete
  2. You paid for your VATC guides?! WTF, we got them for free (or deducted from our fees...)
    What a coincidence.. I'm listening to Haiti by the Arcade Fire as we speak... Though I can't say that it reminds me of the Sims! But I've been craving playing for sooo long I used to have a lot of expansion pack or whatever they were called :'(

    ReplyDelete