Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket

Sunday, 5 July 2009

Real Recognize Real

Hello reader!

http://wakarimasenlol.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/16465__448x_evangelion20movie.jpg

I started the day today reading an analytical essay on my favourite anime, Neon Genesis Evangelion. This doesn't come off as surprising does it? Anyways I enjoyed it because it was quite informative and gave me yet another alternate view on Evangelion. I swear, it's like as if I find a new thing every time I go back to Evangelion. The second movie in the Evangelion Rebuild series, You Can (Not) Advance came out a few days ago in Japan. I'm not too happy about this new character they've created for this Rebuild series BUT I'm still curious about her involvement.

Okay so I've got my Maths homework pretty much done. I need to write my English and Literature practice essays pretty soon and complete my logo for Visual Communication soon too. I'm like 1/4 there for VCD I think. Below are a few pages from my folio thus far.

research.jpg picture by kurayami_angel
I went printer crazy here...

obs.jpg picture by kurayami_angel

logodev.jpg picture by kurayami_angel
Just mucking around with the shape of a violin.

Guess what I've been listening to a lot lately? RAP MUSIC! I've been listening to guys like Nas and Lupe Fiasco in the past few days. I can't really say I'm getting "back" into rap music because I never rally was a big fan though I do like it so yeah. One thing led to another on YouTube and before ya know it, I was hooked on rap beats again. D:

Speaking of new music, I've also been listening to a band called Arcade Fire a lot lately as well. The reason for this is because of that superb trailer to the upcoming movie, Where The Wild Things Are. I had fond memories of this picture book back in primary school. I can't say I adored or loved it but it made enough of an impression on me to be remembered, haha. Anyways, I love the trailer and can't wait later this year to watch it.



Oh and I did this as a result of procrastination today, haha.

LeeHYORI.jpg image by one-ina-million2

Using this picture as a base for my drawing...

scan0001.jpg picture by kurayami_angel

I drew up some random girl....

girl.jpg picture by kurayami_angel

Used a sharpie to trace over the pencil lines and rubbed them out...

girlfinish.jpg picture by kurayami_angel

Then coloured her in with Phothsop and got this end result.

As you can see, I clearly had a lot of time on my hands. ==

Last but not least, myself and some friends went out for dinner before. The reason was because a friend of ours who moved to Queensland came back down to Melbourne for a visit and we decided to eat out with the guy. We did the same thing at the beginning of the year (same restaurant too, Taco Bill, haha). 'Twas a pleasant evening, very pleasant. :D

End post.

3 comments:

  1. Woah your folio is looking great!
    And Arcade Fire are a quality band, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O_O wow. i like your girl picture a lot. is that asian chick.. boa?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i didn't even realise. i love lee hyori though <3

    ReplyDelete