Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket

Sunday, 20 September 2009

Jedi Religion Founder Believes He Was Discriminated

http://lh3.ggpht.com/haymansbeard/RrFkGaI8arI/AAAAAAAAAI4/QdCbNRmw-ag/s512/Obi+Wan+Kenobi+01+Large.JPG

Very bizarre piece of news I came across this morning which gave me a pleasant start to the day.
23 year old Daniel Jones, founder of the Church of Jediism believed that employees of Tesco Supermarket were discriminating against him when they asked him to remove his hood whilst shopping at their store. Tesco said that he felt "humiliated and victimised for his beliefs".

"It states in our Jedi doctrination that I can wear headwear. It just covers the back of my head,"

"You have a choice of wearing headwear in your home or at work but you have to wear a cover for your head when you are in public."


The grocery store was quick to strike back against Jones when they released a statement saying that the three most widely recognised Jedi of the Star Wars movies - Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker - all appeared in public without having to wear their hoods.

"Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda and Luke Skywalker all appeared hoodless without ever going over to the Dark Side and we are only aware of the Emperor as one who never removed his hood.

"If Jedi walk around our stores with their hoods on, they'll miss lots of special offers."


Man that is the most awesome answer you can give when your under a situation like that. Fuck me. D:

The story and quotes are all accredited to The Guardian. You can read more about it there.

2 comments:

  1. Hahah man. The people things say and do these days. I didn't even know there was such a religion as Jediism. That's sad lol.

    & yeah, that cleared things up thank you very much haha. What subjects do you have the exams for? Good luck studying! haha.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOL..that is...so weird =='
    And yes, I did delete the majority of my old posts cause word got around my friends that I had a blog and people that I know started visiting my blog...and I don't really want people that actually know me to know TOO much about me....
    Does that make sense? Haha
    I think I'll make my blog a less private sort of thing now :)

    ReplyDelete