Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket

Saturday, 19 September 2009

Use Somebody

YEAH! HOLIDAYS HAVE KICKED IN!

But ohh how these holidays won't be too fruitful. The creature known as VCE lurks around the corner. It watches and stalks me. It pressures me to study for the upcoming exams in October running through to October. Begone wretched fiend!

Seeing as how I have no more SACS and only need to prepare for exams (plus since I'm on holiday break now), I'll probably be back to regularly updating rather than doing the weekly thing. Besides, I forget wayyyy too many things during the week anyway. This post will just probably be my random mindfart of things I did this week as well as other useless updates and notifications in my life.
___________________________

1. Handed in all my final pieces for Vis Comm and Studio Art. Am probably gonna return for one more day on Monday to hand in my focus statement for Studio Art. Aaron's also going to be giving me Seasons 1 and 2 of HBO series True Blood. Fuckin' sweet.
___________________________

http://i.neoseeker.com/boxshots/R2FtZXMvWGJveF8zNjAvQWN0aW9uL0FkdmVudHVyZQ==/marvel_ultimate_alliance_2_frontcover_large_gnoFhZZRQtLtEP0.jpg

2. Kevin bought a copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for his X-Box 360 last night and we played the shit out of it after watching Funny People with Eddie. Pretty fun game, button mashing definitely gets repetitive but the fusion attacks are incredibly fun to experiment with. Iceman has become my favourite character to use in the game so far. He's so awesome.
___________________________

scan0007.jpg picture by kurayami_angel scan0008.jpg picture by kurayami_angel
3. I bought the latest issues of DC's Blackest Night series on Wedensday and Thursday after school. Bought Blackest Night: Batman #2 on Wedensday and Blackest Night #3 on Thursday. The main story's starting to really pick up, I can't wait to see where it goes from here.
___________________________

4. Had casual clothes on Thursday. Three people complimented on the shirt I bought at Manifest. Two friends from school and a guy that worked at Alternate Worlds on Chapel Street. I felt good about my purchase. :D
___________________________

http://jessemallon.com.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/expo08.jpg

5. Can someone buy me Shiina Ringo's "Ringo EXPO 08" DVD?!?! I rewatched some of the performances on YouTube recently and want, nay, MUST have a hard copy of this live DVD!
___________________________
6. If you live in Melbourne and want to find a restaurant to eat at, DON'T EAT AT CLAYPOT KING! I hate it there. I can't belive I paid for that crappy dish.
___________________________

http://english.wh.gov.cn/upimg/allimg/090826/0923480.jpg

7. Last piece of news today but I only just found out this week that there will be a movie released here soon called, "The Founding of Republic". It's basically a movie chronicling the rise of Mao and how China became how it is today. It's to celebrate the 60th anniversary of China's beginnings of becoming a Republic nation but what's more amazing is that the cast for this movie is UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE. I think I had mutiple orgasms reading the names of the big players in this movie. Names like Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Donnie Yen, Andy Lau, Stephen Chow, Zhang Ziyi and Fan Bingbing as well as many others make for what is possibly the largest ensemble cast for any epicly major film.

After frothing in excitement over the cast, I soon realised that this is all one big propoganda movie for the Chinese. Nonetheless it should make for some awesome viewing. Some actors, however, are only limited to a brief cameo or only have one line, which is a disappointment but still worth me watching it. I still can't believe I didn't hear about this movie until now...god.

End post.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I actually know a bunch of those Chinese actors

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I MUST WATCH THAT MOVIE!!
    that is awesome how all the top stars are in one sweet little package!
    when does it come out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I'm lost with the DC Universe. I picked up Final Crisis and had no idea what the fuck was going on. Always been more of a Marvel fan. Have you played Batman: Arkham Asylum? It's a sick game.

    ReplyDelete