Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket

Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Mellow

Three cheers for proper eating! I actually had a normal breakfast today! Eggs and bacon with tomato sauce - great, great way to start the day, don't you think? For lunch I had Nandos with Thy and well now I don't know what I'm having for dinner. I'm just glad my eating habits are starting to get back to normal now. No longer will I have "breakfast" at 2 or 3 PM in the afternoon (it really can't be called breakfast at this point, huh?). Good day so far. Can it get any better? Hell yeah! I just downloaded the latest episode of How I Met Your Mother and am waiting in feverish anticipation to watch it!

------------

I've made a Tumblr account but I haven't done anything to it yet. I haven't reblogged any photos or videoes, nor have I actually spruced up the thing. Reason being is cause I'm tryna figure out how to HTML. I've been tryna teach myself how to do it but it's kinda complicated. I see myself giving up eventually and failing but at one point or another, it'll come back to me so hopefully I don't completely give up on it. Like I said above, I haven't actually done anything to it at the moment despite having the account for a few days now. Another reason, other than sprucing it up by way of HTML, is that I can't seem to view images to reblog, it's really strange. This happens to me with my Google Images as well. In fact any image search is automatically like this, it's really odd. Anyone know how to fix this?

------------

I'm gonna need to get a new DVD storage unit somehow in this room. I could just clean up some of the things and push them aside but it just doesn't feel right. Neglecting some of the DVDS and putting them at the bottom doesn't feel right as you can see on the bottom image.

DSC00478.jpg picture by hieuyy
DSC00477.jpg picture by hieuyy

That's how it looks at the moment but I've got like three more films to stuff into there. I just came back from the city not too long ago actually and bought myself a copy of (500) Days of Summer on DVD. To be honest though, the DVD isn't all that great. I would've loved to have seen more bonus features on it but I guess now they're just reserving all the good bits for Blu-Ray. The Blu-Ray bonuses for (500) Days of Summer are awesome from what I saw on the internet anyway. Speaking of all things blue, whenever I think of that movie, I always picture the colour blue. Zooey Deschanel's big blue eyes and pretty much her wardrobe is mostly blue, or at least a variation of blue, haha.

------------

DSC00474.jpg picture by hieuyy
Hello Modern Warfare 2!

The only that I can say I have that I have a Playstation 3 and an Xbox 360 (and a PS2 stuck in the corner there). Who needs a Wii? Actually I wouldn't mind a Wii but only for titles: The Legend of Zelda, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and the newly released, Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

------------

DSC00475.jpg picture by hieuyy

Found a pretty cool book, Caustic Quips, on sale the other day and it was only for 5 dollars. It's a compilation book with many quotes from famous celebrities, comedians and political figures. The quotes themselves are on the witty and snarky side and has been quite a fun read. Here's one of my favourites:
Michael Jackson's album was only called "Bad" because there wasn't enough room on the sleeve for "Pathetic" - Prince.

------------

http://screencrave.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/VANITY-FAIR-HOLLYWOOD-1-2-10-kc.jpg
L-R: Abbie Cornish, Kristen Stewart, Carey Mulligan, Amanda Seyfried, Rebecca Hall, Mia Wasikowsa, Emma Stone, Anna Kendrick, Evan Rachel Wood.
A lot of controversy is surrounding the latest cover of Vanity Fair. The cover, as seen above, clearly reminds us that the future of Hollywood is white. I can understand why pepole would be up in arms over this but to be quite honest, I actually don't see it as quite a problem. Sure, there isn't enough colour in terms of diversity in the photo shoot but that's just how Hollywood has been. The past, present and now future of Hollywood is white. Last year though, I do believe that Zoe Saldana was on the cover with a few other girls so if that's not a sign of diversity, I dunno what is. I actually can't think of any up and coming Asian-American actresses besides Brenda Song but I can't take her seriously at the moment. If you want diversity in cinema, just look abroad and get some world cinema in you. No need to watch only the films that Americans produce.

On a side note, it's awesome that Amanda Seyfried is there with a lot of great talent there (excuse me while I drool). I like that Emma Stone is there too, hahaha. Some people have been criticising Kristen Stewart for looking out of place in the shoot but that's only cause that's how she is, she's a tomboy so people shouldn't make judgements just for how she looks. Carey Mulligan looks cute in the shoot, I'm actually growing quite fond of her, haha. Some people have also said that Anna Kendrick shouldn't be just shoved in the corner there because she has much more talent than her Twilight co-star, Kristen Stewart, but I've yet to see Up in the Air so I can't make that judgement as of yet. Great cover nonetheless even if some of them have graced Vanity Fair before and have been around in the acting gig for a while and wouldn't really be considered up and comer now.
_____________________________________________________

WHAT I'VE BEEN WATCHING

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2009/10/14/daybreakers-poster.jpg

I really liked this but I'll write a seperate review for it in another post. But for the short review here's what I thought about Daybreakers. It's a film that is highly entertaining though probably not for everyone. One scene in particular made me laugh so hard due to it's sheer intencity and gore factor that I probably had everyone in the theatre give weird looks to me, but I couldn't really care. I don't wanna spoil too much in this small review but I thought it was a really entertaining film that actually gets the vampire thing right. I actually kinda wished they included Placebo's cover of Running Up That Hill and worked it into the movie but the overall film still worked for me. Was just happy to hear it in the trailer and was surprised at how well it worked with it.

------------

http://gaviano.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/district9_poster-689x1024.jpg

Rewatched District 9 on DVD the other night and loved it all over again. The final scene of the film is quite powerful in some sense and after watching the Extra Features in both discs, I can appreciate the overall film even more. I'm glad it's gotten some recognition from the Academy as a "small" film like this could do with some great exposure. I don't know too many people who watched it last year and probably wouldn't have wanted to watch it (being that the trailer did not tell you much but that was the best part about it, I thought). I still cant believe that was Sharlto Copely's first real feature film acting gig cause he did an amazing job with his broad range of emotion.
_____________________________________________________

TIDBITS OF FILM NEWS

For anyone who missed it, here's the Superbowl TV spot to M. Night Shamalan's "The Last Airbender".



I'm not a fan of "Avatar: The Last Airbender" though that isn't to say that I don't like it. I'm just not a fan because I don't watch/follow it. Though I will say thought that the TV spot had me very impressed and seemed almost like a period piece. What distracted me was the slow motion adn the heavy rock in the background because it reminded me of "300" too much. Still, I was majorly impressed with what was on offer. The TV spot was almost like a slap into the face of all the haters of this film, at least that's how I saw it. There seems to be a major backlash against the film for not casting people of the right ethnicity (Asian). I don't have too much of a problem with it but people seem to want to believe that this film is a classic case of Hollywood white-washing. Casting issues aside though, I'm gonna look forward to this film.

------------
Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) and Brian O'Conner (Paul Walker) in Universal Pictures' Universal Pictures' Fast and Furious.
I'm not the biggest fan of "The Fast and The Furious" and their subsequent sequels (though I admit they are fun to watch from to time) and I don't regard them to be great pieces of film making. They're mostly just throwaway films but what I love most about them is that they represent every guy. It doesn't matter if a guy is into cars or not because the films have plenty of girls to fuel any red blooded male, haha. But for most guys, these movies have represented what it means to be a guy. Fast cars and fast girls, haha.

With that said, the fifth installment in the series will be called "Fast Five". Yeah... I haven't seen the fourth one, nor do I want to. It just seems like the cast are tryna replicate the success of the first movie and need a good paycheck. The third movie didn't even need to happen, nor did the second but I guess with any successful movie, talks of a sequel are inevitable.

------------

http://freewomensblogs.com/images/celebrity/valentines-day-movie-poster.jpg

Speaking of sequels, here's another random tidbit of silly news. I don't think "Valentine's Day" (the film that stars pretty much everyone), has released anywhere yet but it seems that the producers already want a sequel to the film. And no it's NOT going to be "Valentine's Day 2". The sequel instead will feature SOME of the cast in Valentine's Day but will take place in a totally different day with a mostly new cast. This film? The proposed sequel/spin-off is planned to be titled "New Year's Eve". Wow Hollywood, good job. Good job. *facepalm*

------------

http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/M/W/6/mrandmrssmithposter.jpg

In "re-boot" news, Fox plan to reignite the film "Mr and Mrs Smith". The original film, starring Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, was famous for pretty much starting the real life relationship that Pitt and Jolie had with one another. Fox plan to make the movie completely different however and hire actors who are a lot cheaper than Pitt and Jolie, which means that anyone is viable for the roles. However, being that the film is not exactly the same as Mr and Mrs Smith, the film will be titled, "Mr and Mrs Jones". I know most ideas aren't all that original these days but can someone please tell Fox that this is kinda stupid? Almost as stupid as "New Year's Eve". Oh was that too soon? D:
_____________________________________________________

I couldn't find anything humourous to end this post with so I'm just gonna share some love for Amanda Seyfried and show everyone this video of her singing. She wrote the song for Channing Tatum's, "Post the Love" organisation. How can someone this pretty be so damn talented? D:




End post.

2 comments:

  1. 1. Why don't you place some access DVDs on top of the ones in the shelf, like horizontally...? Ya get me? Thats what I do when I get a little lazy.

    2. I don't think theres anything wrong with the Vanity Fair cover... People get so sensitive about stuff like that, it's annoying (=_=') On a side note, I like what they're all wearing, and the girl you like looks hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love How I Met Your Mother, Modern Warfare 2, Avatar: The Last Airbender AND that Vanity Fair shoot :)
    Amanda Seyfried is le`sex. I'm sorry Hieu, but you're making me fall in love with her 8)

    I followed you on tumblr by the way. I shall await your posts ahah.

    <3

    ReplyDelete