Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket

Sunday, 15 May 2011

The Sky is Rumbling



This blog post was proudly brought to you by the awesome sounds of Tokyo Jihen's newest single, "Sora ga Natteiru", which released this past week. Ya'll know how much I love anything that Shiina Ringo puts out. The English translation (at least I assume that's right) of the single is being used as today's blog post title. Do have a listen if you're curious.

-----------

Now because I'm THAT lazy, I'll just post about the rumblings of the week that affected me and NOT about films I saw or write about film news. For one, I don't think that there was anything huge or substantial in the world of film this week and I actually didn't watch anything this week (other than my now regular consumption of television shows, although that's soon to change with "Community" already ending it's second season on a high note).

-----------

Chinatown (1974) dir. Roman Polanski

On Wednesday, ACMI had a screening of Roman Polanski's "Chinatown" which I dared not miss because it's quickly become one of my favourite movies ever to enjoy. It looks so much better than I could've imagined on the big screen and the ending of that film is as powerful and devastating as it was the first time I saw it. What's interesting is the fact that I saw it with a bunch of high school kids who were watching it as part of their education curriculum (somehow this film fits into Year 12 Literature, which is strange but in either case, why didn't I study THIS film when I was in Year 12?!?!). Pretty dope stuff having them react throughout the film - made watching the film that much more enjoyable. The power of cinema!

------------

I spent Friday night with some mates in the city. Had some beers and buffalo wings down at the Equinox and then retreated to Cue City on Bourke Street to kill time with some pool. Unfortunately no photos were taken but it was a pretty awesome night catching up with a friend that I hadn't spoken to or seen in over two years.

-----------

And finally last night, Tran was celebrating her 19th birthday last night. I'd like to think that everyone had a whirlwind of crazy awesome fun. I now know that I absolutely hate Tequila. Next time, I'll stick to some good ol' fashioned beer, thanks. (Y) Photos galore.























Back to regular format next week. Take it sleazy, friends.

End post.

2 comments:

  1. Shall I assume that's the song that you had on repeat the last week?
    Hmmm I still haven't gotten around to watching Community yet, although, the gifs on tumblr pretty much spoiled it for me.
    I don't think I should even be commenting. Still haven't completed the essay yet.

    Oh look there's me! Everyone was more intoxicated than I was boo! :(
    Hey, well I'm glad you and Thy had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I see Louise! LOL she looks so cute. I'm not sure if you know her personally but if you do you probably know her drawing skills are amazing!

    And the girl with the short hair...is her name Elyssa? Alyssa? something Cramer? I feel like such a stalker....hahahah

    ReplyDelete