Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket

Saturday, 3 December 2011

Seasick

WHAT'S HAPPENING, GUYS?

Look what just arrived in the mail! Much better (and appropriate) deal for this game on eBay than any other retailer here in Melbourne.

My copy of "Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3" arrived in the mail this week. Still can't believe I was able to snag this game for about $35 on eBay! I'm liking the differences they've made from the previous game. Also, I'm really enjoying using two of the eight new characters, Nova and Rocket Raccoon. (Y)

-------------

Bought two more tickets for the Japanese Film Festival today - one for Life Back Then and another for The Last Ronin. Oddly enough, films are being spread out between Hoyts and ACMI this year. No biggie. That’s three films, I’m seeing this year which should be more than enough, I reckon.

Also, this week, I bought tickets to see two more films at the Japanese Film Festival: "The Last Ronin" and "Life Back Then". Here's hoping those two films are worth the price of admission!

-------------

Photobucket

Yesterday I hung out with a bunch of my friends from high school. Ellen's already talked about it on her blog so I won't repeat what she said. I hope we can have more get-togethers like that. But yes, good food and good company - what's not to enjoy about that?

------------

http://www.hollywoodnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/silversun-pickups-600x250-wd.jpg

Silversun Pickups released their newest EP, "Seasick", last week and I had no idea until I had a look at my tracked tags on Tumblr. The EP consists of three tracks that didn't make it to their last album, "Swoon". As you've already figured out, the title of this blog post comes from a song that's named after the EP itself. Have a listen, won't you?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT I'VE BEEN WATCHING

This week, was television week meaning I caught up with the American version of "Wilfred", "American Horror Story" and began watching the cancelled sitcom, "Party Down". In addition to watching these shows, I also managed to catch the Brad Pitt-vehicle "Moneyball" during the week. I'll only be talking about "Party Down" and "Moneyball" though.

http://image.com.com/tv/images/content_headers/program_new/76305.jpg
  • More than impressed with Party Down!
  • Walked into the show not knowing what it was about and had no knowledge of how it would turn out.
  • Just assumed it was another fly-on-the-wall sitcom like Modern Family or The Office.
  • But that's not the case as the show goes above and beyond what I had expected and surprised the hell out of me.
  • The show is unapologetic and rude but that's what makes it awesome.
  • I will go down with the Henry/Casey ship.
  • Roman and Kyle's rivalry on the show is hilarious.
  • Ron trying to be as PC as possible also provides the show with much of it's outrageously hilarious moments.
  • Simple concept for the show that's brilliantly excecuted throughout each episode.
  • It's nice that the show got some sense of closure even though it was just suddenly cancelled a la Arrested Development.
  • Quality show. Watch and enjoy.
------------

http://www.cineworld.co.uk/assets/media/films/4768_poster_iphone.jpg
  • Took a chance with this film after hearing the rave reviews for it.
  • I thought it was well-made and took the idea of the 'sports movie' and really shook things up.
  • By that I mean, it wasn't what I expected at all when it came to seeing the film.
  • Didn't think it would be all about Billy Beane but it basically was.
  • Which is understandable because without him and Peter Brand (Jonah Hill), the Oakland A's wouldn't have found the success that they had.
  • It's a Brad Pitt vehicle! So of course it'll be all about him.
  • Heavily dialogue driven thanks to a script by Aaron Sorkin (The Social Network) and Steven Zaillian (Schindlers List and the upcoming David Fincher-directed, "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo).
  • Brad Pitt is great in the film - Billy Beane's a complex character in the film and Pitt brings to the character a sense of poise and humility.
  • It's an underdog story! Who doesn't love a good underdog story about the little guy sticking a finger to the big man!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not much to go on with film news this week. Okay there were some interesting things here and there but I don't think I want to relay the news back. I swear I'm getting majorly lazy with this section now...

Anyways I'll leave it there for the week. you guys have fun doing whatever it is you do. :D

End post.

No comments:

Post a Comment