Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket

Tuesday, 17 January 2012

I of the Mourning

Howdy folks.

Super delayed blog post, I know. BUT, have no fear for my memory isn't clear. Which means you won't have to suffer through a long post! Huzzah for that!

------------

The only thing that is of relevance this past week was the Richmond Chinese New Year Festival out at Victoria Street. I wasn't actually there for most of it though because I actually wanted to be at ACMI to help out on Sunday but my plan was just to go get food and lounge around at my mate's place any way which is exactly what I ended up doing after I was finished with my shift.


This right here is $50 worth of food. I only finished about $40 worth though.... I was really struggling to get through it. Also large cups of sugar cane drinks for $6.00? Overpriced as hell but I'm the sucker for buying it. The Korean Bulgogi taco wasn't as good as I had imagined so that was a colossal disappointment.

Don't know if anyone noticed but this year the vendors were a bit more... diversified. Normally they just have Vietnamese and Chinese stalls from the different stores on Victoria Street but this year they had a few Korean, Japanese and even Spanish food stalls. I was convinced I saw a Middle Eastern one at some point but that was probably just in my head. Just thought I'd bring that up...

------------


"Drive" (the novel) came in the mail yesterday! Can't wait to get into this right after I finish reading "Real World" and see for myself just how much different the novel is compared to the film! Hell, maybe I should just buy the "Fight Club" novel as well...

------------


I also made a bookmark for no reason because why the hell not? I was bored. It was 1.00AM. So logically the right thing to do would be to fold paper and draw things. Yep. Totally makes sense.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TIDBITS OF FILM NEWS


Just the one piece of news from me today because I am lazy and I don't want to make this post too long. Wes Anderson fans rejoice for here is the trailer for his new film, "Moonrise Kingdom". I'm not big on Wes Anderson, mainly because I've only seen "The Royal Tenenbaums" and found that to be rather underwhelming at best. Decent movie, but somewhat overrated, I feel. Enjoy the trailer.


___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So that's it this week! This week, the title from this post comes is from a track by The Smashing Pumpkins. Listen and enjoy. Have a good week, folks.


End post.

No comments:

Post a Comment