Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket

Monday, 2 January 2012

Right Back To You

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS!

Photobucket

I hope everyone had a fantastic New Year's Eve celebration and ushered in 2012 with some positivity! I spent my New Year's Eve a bit differently this year and met up with my high school friends to celebrate. It was pretty much a house party for most of the night up until the part where we relocated to the beach to catch the sunrise. Oh and it was also my mate's birthday too so it was half of a New Year's celebration and a birthday celebration! As usual, Ellen's blogged about it before me so I won't go any more into it. The rest of the photos and stuff are up on her blog.

Photobucket

After everyone left at like 7.00AM, myself and some friends who lived in my area decided to have McDonald's for breakfast. I tried the pancakes - terrible stuff. Ugh, and after I told myself that I wasn't going to have any Maccas for the next year too! Ended up coming home at about 8.00AM and slept through to 4.00PM.

-----------


When I woke up, I took a shower and hopped onto my laptop only to find that Tokyo Jihen had released a new song and video on the first day of the New Year! They also announced a new "Best Of" collection of their live performances on DVD and pictures of Shiina's performance at the 62nd Kouhaku uta Gassen live show were popping up all over Tumblr. I'm still looking for a video of her performance though... For me, this was a great way to kickstart the year!



-----------

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwzswq2q811qb22s7o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1325567366&Signature=K0sy8vR2DyPAzuqONLgDrwIxb1g%3D

This past week has been pretty good to me. I received a package from JB Hi-Fi in the mail and was ecstatic that my order of "Thirst", "The Quiet Family" and Yasujiro Ozu's Boxset Collection arrived safely and in great condition! Ah, buying these was DEFINITELY a good decision. The sale that went on with JB Hi-Fi and Madman made these three purchases, the Ozu boxset in particular, super cheap! An offer NOT to pass up on!

-----------

Also, my parents bought a new television set for the living room and moved the one that was in the living room into mine. Having a large television like this is WAY too much of a luxury - I even told my parents to just buy a regular sized one but they felt the need to get something huge. I'm not complaining though, I mean, the picture looks fantastic and every time I walk out into the living room I can't help but smile because of it's presence, haha.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bad news, I haven't been watching anything this week. I was meant to have begun watching "Parks and Recreation" as well as "Justified" but I just wasn't in the mood to watch anything at all this week. That and I've been keeping myself occupied with finishing "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2" on PC. Not bad of a game, just not as good as the original. Mostly playing it to get myself psyched up for the new MMO, "Star Wars: The Old Republic". I'll get back to watching things this week hopefully.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll also just abandon my usual "Tidbits of Film News" section this week because, and if I recall correctly, I just don't think there was enough news-worthy things to add in. So having said that, I'll end today's blog post (and also the very first post for 2012) right here. The song today is from Electric Youth once again and is off their Right Back To You EP which also includes the song Fade Away and several remixes of Right Back To You. Hope everyone has an awesome 2012!



End post.

1 comment:

  1. That song makes me want to drive a car while searching for my soulmate

    ReplyDelete