Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket           Photobucket

Sunday, 25 January 2015

Where We're Going

So this blog has gone down the proverbial drain in the last couple of months hasn’t it?

As regular visitors may have probably noticed, I’ve found less and less time in the past year or two to continue updating this blog and will likely cease updating it for an indefinite period. However, I won’t cease all writing in general! For those who might not know, I have recently started up a website that aims to promote discussion of Asian cinema.

If you’ve followed this blog long enough, you’ll know that this is an area of films that I’m most passionate about so I decided that by creating something like this, I could attempt to at least widen my horizons by reaching a broader audiences with it.

The site in question is Filmed in Ether, a name which is derived from an element in the Japanese film, All About Lily Chou-Chou. I’m extremely proud of the work that I’ve been able to put into creating the site and am VERY pleased to see that I’ve been able to reach out to some pretty awesome writers who’ve been generous enough to contribute to the site too!

I’ve also created a Letterboxd account where you can check out my thoughts on many other films that I’ve seen in the past several months. I’ll continue using this awesome social media site for film nerds to catalogue and ‘review’ films as much as possible. For the time being though, my efforts will primarily concern Filmed in Ether.

Thanks to everyone who’s ever visited this blog, enjoyed reading what I had to say and discovered a new film because of this blog! Who knows when I'll ever return to this blog but for the time being ya'll can still find me spouting nonsense on Twitter, stuck in the endless void of Tumblr or just simply find me now either on Letterboxd or at my new website!

And of course, to properly cap off a post on this blog, the song of choice used to title this post is Hans Zimmer's contribution to Christopher Nolan's excellent science-fiction drama, Interstellar: a film I really enjoyed in spite of its obvious shortcomings.



End post.

5 comments:

  1. i recently watched the Chinese version of Miss Granny, "20, Once Again". you might want to give it a try :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! In fact, I reviewed it for Filmed in Ether: www.filmedinether.com/reviews/review-20-once-again

      Delete
    2. Ooo nice review! it was a good read :))

      Delete
  2. Aw man it's a shame that you don't have that askme(?) website anymore. I just recently watched The World of Kanako, and was like Hieu needs to review this movie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can still ask me questions on my Tumblr account! http://electrichieu.tumblr.com/ask

      I'm desperate to see The World of Kanako! I've been holding out for it, hoping that it'd get screened at a festival in Australia but I'm thinking it might not be... :(

      Delete